Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Rules by Cynthia Lord


I just finished reading Rules and loved it. Catherine, the main character, has a younger brother who has autism. Catherine struggles at times with her brother’s behavior, so she develops a list of rules to teach him.

What I liked most about this book is the insight it gives us about autism. Catherine learns that even though some people struggle with physical and mental challenges, they can be great friends and have a lot to offer.

This book mixes humor with some sad events. I would highly recommend it to all, especially those of you who may know a person with autism.

Click here to see if it is currently available in our library.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have read rules. I thought the book was outstanding. "Rules" is very thought provoking, a real eye opener, and entertaining.
I hope you will enjoy it as much as I did.

Profesora Donavon said...

I really enjoyed this book. It's a quick read, and it has a powerful message. "Rules" teaches us that friendship doesn't discriminate. I would recommend this book to any student---or teacher!

Anonymous said...

I really like that book i though it was a very intersterting story line.<3

Anonymous said...

this is my opion but i dident like the book as much because it was kinda boring but other wise the story line was good!!!!<3