Friday, April 11, 2008

Digital Storytelling

Microsoft has come out with one of the coolest new technologies for creating slideshows using your digital photos called “Photostory”. It’s one of Microsoft’s best-kept secrets and it’s free! Using Photostory, you can simply touch-up, crop and rotate pictures or add special effects. You can also add a soundtrack or your own voice narration and then personalize with titles and captions. To download Photostory or see it in action, visit http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/digitalphotography/photostory/default.mspx.

Speaking of digital storytelling, there is a great website in which to obtain instrumental music that can be used in conjunction with a program like Photostory. The website is http://www.freeplaymusic.com/. This website offers instrumental music clips in many different genres. Many of the music clips are also offered in various lengths, which makes them perfect to use in slideshows.

So, get out those captured memories and start experimenting with digital story-telling and these free tools!

1 comment:

Mrs. Stec said...

I learned how to use Photo Story 3 this year and couldn't believe how easy it was to create a really great video. I know that when I used the voice over option to narrate my story, it worked best when I chose instrumental music or no music for the background. So... thanks for the link to freeplaymusic.com. I will plan on exploring it when I create my next video!